What is Team Mercy? Become a team member and advocate for moms and babies at Mercy House Kenya and single moms in surrounding communities by bringing awareness through fundraising events and sharing this amazing God story in your local community.
What is an Advocate? Definition: a person who speaks or writes in support or defense of a person, cause, etc. a person who pleads for or in behalf of another; intercessor.
Why join Team Mercy:
Not only will you be supporting a worthy, grassroots cause, you will have the opportunity to serve alongside your family. Being a Team Mercy member gives you opportunities to change the world! If there are local church events or conferences in your area, you could even represent Mercy House! We will have occasional contests and incentives for Team Mercy Members...you can win great Mercy House merchandise to help tell this story! Sign up today.
Team Member Requirements:
- Be a Christian
- Be an active part of a local church
- Complete application
- Be a current financial donor (no minimum) Monthly sponsorship info here, starting at $3 a month
- Choose to use your talent, gifts and influence to raise awareness of the plight of pregnant girls in Kenya.
Wear your support- Get your Team Mercy Shirt here! (all Team Mercy Members can get the shirts HALF-PRICE with a completed application!)
The most important thing you can do to support Mercy House is pray for us.
TEAM MERCY IDEAS:
Family Fundraising Kits: Each kit comes with all your family needs to host your very own fundraiser on behalf of Mercy House. From printable posters to detailed instructions and ideas, this is a practical tangible way for you to love mercy and get your family involved in serving the world.
If you choose to host one of these events, please let us know! We'd love to share your pictures and stories from your fundraiser. Check out our Team Mercy Gallery here.
- Email us questions, pictures and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send money raised (checks made out to Mercy House) to the address below
More Family Ideas
- Have a Mercy UN-birthday. Ask your family and friends to give a donation in your name instead of a gift.
- Consider checking with your company about matching gifts. This is a great (easy) way to bless Mercy House.
- If you shop Amazon, choose Mercy House as your smile recipient: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/27-3196267
- Concession stands at soccer/baseball fields (that don’t have one, with permission), make a poster designating all proceeds go to Mercy House and engage friends/families to sign up for time slots to help sell food/candy/drinks.
- Do you own a local business or know someone who does? Have them host a Love Mercy event where a % of the proceeds for the evening will be donated to Mercy House Kenya. (Chick-fil-a is known to do this) Using social media spread the word and see how much you can raise!
- Host a car wash (great for high school and junior high kids) and get other families involved
- Have a fundraiser with Little Ceasars or other businesses that offer these types of kits
- Do you have a talent? Sewing, crocheting, needlework etc? You can make items, have a craft sale/etsy shop and donate the proceeds
- Setup a First Giving website where visitors can make tax deductible donations on your personalized web page.
- Host a Mercy House Home Party
- Does your church have a coffee shop or small gift shop? Would they be willing to have Mercy House merchandise/brochures in their store? Email for more information.